Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Vehicle Wrap Media and Lam

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jc1cell, May 21, 2011.

1. jc1cell

jc1cell Active Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Any of the owners of the HP Latex Printer on here used it?

What are your opinions if so.

Jc

Tags:
  2. fillupc

fillupc New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Watkinsville, GA
    I have used it twice so far with no complaints. Liked it much better than the Oracal we were using previously.

Phillip

3. BadAss

BadAss Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Arizona
    We have had the L25500 for about 3 months, and hands down over HP, Oracal and 3M is the new 1005EZRS from Avery, And I used to "HATE" Avery. But this stuff prints brilliantly and goes on like no other...M*

4. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    i have to agree the new avery is pretty

5. robracer

robracer Member

May 15, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I have to ask, what profile are you using for the Cast Avery vinyl? & what Temps for dry & cure?

6. BadAss

BadAss Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Arizona
    I will check it and let you know.when I am back in the shop...M*

7. robracer

robracer Member

May 15, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Yeah we were the same a few years back with solvent printing banner stock problems with head strike & SAV with imperfections / joins in full rolls etc

JC we are yet to sample the HP products but from what I have seen they are more expensive & I hate to be pigeon holed to using their stock ..... with the current lamination problems we are experiencing I will be talking to our distributor next week & sampling some HP SAV amongst others.

8. AndreColon

AndreColon New Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Compare the HP w/air egress to Oracal 3951 w/Rapid air. They seem to be suspiciously similar, if you know what I mean. Kind of like Roland's Wrap material and avery Supercast EZRS. Hmmmmm.......

9. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    There's only 3 companies who have the capability of doing air release in material. 3M, Avery, Oracle. Any other Air release products is done by 1 of these 3 companies. Just an FYI.

10. robracer

robracer Member

May 15, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    What about Hexis in France..... their air release cast vinyl is as good as it gets :-0