• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP wide format MEdia

Techman

Is the HP wide format media suitable for water based inks?

Is the vivera ink a water based ink?

The reason I ask. I found may products suitable for water based inks for use on my encad printer. Some are superior products.

Now I see lots of HP media around and wonder if it will work as well as some of the other media as a substitute for encad kodak products that are getting hard to find.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a full line of products for your encad that will be priced way better then HP if your interested.

To answer your question though the Vivera inks are pigmented.

CS-SignSupply-TT

I know you know, but I will say it anyway. Vivera ink outdoor durability WITHOUT lamination is up to six (6) months; with lamination, up to two (2) years. By the way, I saw a 3 x 6 banner (95% coverage, single sided), produced in October, installed with bungees next to a four lane 55mph road, printed with Roland EcoSol Max inks, howling storm winds over the weekend...alas, shredding apart as the days go on. Remember, you cannot control the ELEMENTS