• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Z6100 Printhead replacement incomplete. Restart it.

ryanobeirne

I have three HP Z6100's. Today one of them gets an error message to reseat the LcLm printhead (#4). So I reseat it and it still tells me that I need to reseat the faulty printhead. So I install a brand new printhead, and it still says to reseat. I swapped the the two LcLm printheads (#3 & #4) and still it says to reseat #4. I figured the contacts might be dirty, so I cleaned those. Spotless. Still it tells me to reseat. What's going on here?

Mega Format

Cleaning

I have 3 of the HP5500, try to clean the inside of the printhead slot with the maintenance tool from hp, check the the ink lines if there is no air.

ryanobeirne

The electrical contacts are clean as a whistle. Even if there was air in the lines (which I don't know how it would be possible) that wouldn't affect the printer's ability to register a functional printhead.