• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP25500 Avery Ultra Clear (Window Cling)

Westlandent

Hi all - Thanks in advance for any help -

Trying to run window cling from Avery on my HP255000 (Caldera RIP) and I can only find one calpatch file on the Avery Website, looks to be a blanket file for all their substrates?

The test looked great but the ink is coming out very wet on the film backing. Anyone have a lead on a better calpatch file? Or a stock HP definition I should be using?

It's crossed my mind that it may be supposed to be wet so the substrate doesn't melt from curing... letting it sit around now to see if it dries.

Thanks again!

Jac

Freese

Hi all - Thanks in advance for any help -

Trying to run window cling from Avery on my HP255000 (Caldera RIP) and I can only find one calpatch file on the Avery Website, looks to be a blanket file for all their substrates?

The test looked great but the ink is coming out very wet on the film backing. Anyone have a lead on a better calpatch file? Or a stock HP definition I should be using?

It's crossed my mind that it may be supposed to be wet so the substrate doesn't melt from curing... letting it sit around now to see if it dries.

Thanks again!

Jac

Try turning heat up on both settings and turn down ink

Or try a profile with a higher heat setting and less ink laydown

drive

Higher heat, less ink as said before. The ink should not be wet coming off.
what are your current cure / dry settings?

Westlandent

I have a feeling these settings are way incorrect

Hope I attached this correctly...

Attachments

• Settings.gif
    Settings.gif
    36.1 KB · Views: 215

drive

110c
55c
per canned profiles in Wasatch, but the printer is the same.... and I've only seen HIGH black black black ink coverage come off oily using these settings.
I haven't messed with static cling on it yet. I've been a bit reluctant too. You may go somewhere between my and your heat settings to start and feed a good amount of material out to help keep it flat on the platen.
Keep us posted....