Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP26500 on board i1 and Onyx Thrive

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by electricfly, Dec 7, 2012.

1. electricfly

electricfly New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Boston MA
    The other day I was recalibrating media and could not setup the onboard i1 to use. Does anyone have info how to set this in onyx to use the onboard i1.

Tags:
  2. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    As far as I know you can't use the onboard i1 to calibrate media profiles. It's only used at the factory to calibrate the machine and possibly as part of the auto head adjustment (not sure on that).

3. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    When entering the Media Manager you can clock on "Configure Devices - Configure Color Sampling Devices - (Button) Manage". In the window where the installed measurement devices are shown you could (Button) "Add..." an additional one.

In the list of available devices you will find "HP Designjet L26500", if it's installed at the computer you try to calibrate. After selecting it and clicking on the button "Continue" (should be, I use the german version) the available Ports are shown, in this case TCP/IP only. If clicking again on "Continue" you will be asked for the IP-adress of your printer.

After clicking on "Continue" again you will be asked how many times you want to measure every swatch. After that you can Click Finish and the L26500 is added to the Measurement Devices List.

The printed color samples for measurements are very large, if you do that more often it will be better to buy a separate i1, because this will read much smaller swatches, it will not waste so much material. But using the printers i1 is really comfortable because it will print and read all swatches automatically.

4. electricfly

electricfly New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Boston MA
    Thanks Frank
    I'll try that next week, i do have an i1 but thought it might be easier with the one onboard.

5. FrankW

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    You're welcome. It's shurely "easier" because it works completely automatically, it will print, roll back and scan the swatch without any manual intervention, but the swatches for that are much larger than for the regular i1 (and i1iO scan table too), and you can't restart if anything during this process fails: if there is a problem when reading or loading the data to the Computer, you need to start all over again.

6. FrankW

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    During the week I can do some screenshots if needed.

7. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Whoa, nice. Can you do the same on the 25500? I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the menus.