• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP26500 on board i1 and Onyx Thrive

electricfly

The other day I was recalibrating media and could not setup the onboard i1 to use. Does anyone have info how to set this in onyx to use the onboard i1.

signswi

As far as I know you can't use the onboard i1 to calibrate media profiles. It's only used at the factory to calibrate the machine and possibly as part of the auto head adjustment (not sure on that).

FrankW

When entering the Media Manager you can clock on "Configure Devices - Configure Color Sampling Devices - (Button) Manage". In the window where the installed measurement devices are shown you could (Button) "Add..." an additional one.

In the list of available devices you will find "HP Designjet L26500", if it's installed at the computer you try to calibrate. After selecting it and clicking on the button "Continue" (should be, I use the german version) the available Ports are shown, in this case TCP/IP only. If clicking again on "Continue" you will be asked for the IP-adress of your printer.

After clicking on "Continue" again you will be asked how many times you want to measure every swatch. After that you can Click Finish and the L26500 is added to the Measurement Devices List.

The printed color samples for measurements are very large, if you do that more often it will be better to buy a separate i1, because this will read much smaller swatches, it will not waste so much material. But using the printers i1 is really comfortable because it will print and read all swatches automatically.

FrankW

You're welcome. It's shurely "easier" because it works completely automatically, it will print, roll back and scan the swatch without any manual intervention, but the swatches for that are much larger than for the regular i1 (and i1iO scan table too), and you can't restart if anything during this process fails: if there is a problem when reading or loading the data to the Computer, you need to start all over again.