• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help hp315

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So, I keep having to replace the printheads. The optimizer. I ran 2 jobs on a brand new printhead and now the optimizer printhead shows a lot of nozzles out AGAIN. What is wrong with the machine?

jimmmi

Sometimes from ink cartridge replacement, pip damage. There are some videos in YouTube,cant remember, pulling ink with syringe from the printhead slot. Google it

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
UPDATE! I replaced the ,maintenance kit and everything went back to normal. It was at about 10% before needing to be replaced. All is well in printer land again.

greysquirrel

sorry for coming in late...think of your latex ink as glue...optimizer is component A the ink or colors are component B...when they come in contact a chemical reaction causes them to gel or bond. If you get ink on optimizer heads, they can be ruined...same goes the other way.