• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP5000 with Flexi

psbc2009

I currently use flexi to print to my eco sol printer. I would like to use flexi with my HP 5000 for more color control, nesting, etc. Would there be a problem doing this? Does anyone have any profiles I could use in flexi for this printer? Right now I just print directly to the 5000 using windows and the HP driver, I am assuming there is some type of RIP in the printer?? Would this have to be disabled?

Thanks for any info.

eforer

My experience has been that Flexi and our HP5000 didn't mix well. With Flexi the whole job would rip, slowly, and then it would have to "send" the whole job before the printing would start. Much better output and smoother operation with Onyx.

vladio

Can't help u with flexi but u might want to try looking on eBay for an older version of onyx. I'm using 6.5 which is long been replaced but, with a 5500, it will work the same with the exception of maybe a PDF issue. I print eps file and never have a prob.