• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP550 extended warranty

JAMES RIANI

Leo Graphics Chicago
I'd like some opinions on whether or not to purchase an extended service plan on our 2 yr old HP550 at just north of $500/month. Bear in mind I'm a long-timer in digital and have torn down and rebuilt alot in my former Vuteks, Matans, HP's etc. . Not afraid of the wrench, but wondering if you folks find enough on here and elsewhere to double as a call-in equivalent. Thank all!!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
They have pulled support for this. We were unable to renew our warranty/service plan. Are you sure you can extend it?

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
I keep a parts only contract on ours for around that price. It's absolutely worth it for the parts, which are always insane priced outside of the contract. I order parts for it every few months when it has an issue and replace it myself. I vote parts contract is a necessity.