• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP5500 Ink

ProColorGraphics

Of those of you using an HP5500, do any of you use an aftermarket ink? And if so, what brand are you using and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The lexjet ink is made by Liquecolor and I sell them for $85.00 compared to $99, I think no matter what 3rd party ink you use that you will be going through more printheads then normal. Either way I will hook you up with whatever you need!!

ProColorGraphics

How often do the print heads last? How many cartridges?

I just talked with a guy from Lexjet and he said their inks are made by Dupont.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ink cost is about $0.30 a sq.ft when you get them from me at $185.00 when using a third party you get down to about $0.25

jrsc

I use lexjet inks. I can't tell the difference between them and the HP inks. They are probably the only non hp inks i would consider using. I also use a lot of their media. They are a good company to deal with and our sales rep is very helpful.

Jack Knight1979

Letjet is full of *%#&, Dupont isn't making their inks. Gimme' a break.
I'm sure the ink is fine, but don't believe 'em for second.

They called me a couple weeks ago to attempt to get my business back.
I gave them an earful.

ProColorGraphics

Letjet is full of *%#&, Dupont isn't making their inks. Gimme' a break.
I'm sure the ink is fine, but don't believe 'em for second.

They called me a couple weeks ago to attempt to get my business back.
I gave them an earful.

Trying to get you to use their solvent ink again? I know I haven't heard many good things about their solvent line, but it seems their aqueous line is okay.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I use lexjet inks. I can't tell the difference between them and the HP inks. They are probably the only non hp inks i would consider using. I also use a lot of their media. They are a good company to deal with and our sales rep is very helpful.

Lol you must be a Lexjet employee trying to plug your company. Sorry but those guys are scum bags from all the experiences I have had with them I wouldnt refer anyone to them unless I didnt like them.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
$85.00 and they are My house brand. But you can also get deals on more of the partially used OEM ones also so that will be another good option but you should be fine with inks for a few months no problem.

ProColorGraphics

Liquecolor shows that they have 2 different versions for the #83 HP cartridge. One that is for microporous at $169 each and one that is not for $99 each. From what I have read, the cheaper one sounds like crap, but then there is no point switching for the little you save with the other one.

Josh, how does your compare with these?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
My inks are just as good as any on the market but I sell way more OEM ink because for my price it makes more sense to use the real stuff.

Brandon yes you can use expired inks no problem.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will honor that price to any new user on their first order also. I have never heard of anyone using those inks.