• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP700W tension settings

Alpha Star

Does anyone know exactly what happens when you change these settings? Here are my theories:

-Input tension: controls the tension at the input roller, which is the roller that could be swapped out with a surface cleaning roller, but I can't see just how it would accomplish this.

-Backward tension: amount of tension being applied by reversing the supply roll

-Output tension: Not sure if this is the take-up reel or somehow the grit rollers. Which is it?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Below is my understanding of the three settings.

-Input tension: Controls the tension between the supply roller (the one that you put the roll of material on to) and the grit roller/pinch rollers during printing / forward movement.

-Backward tension: Controls the tension between the supply roller (the one that you put the roll of material on to) and the grit roller/pinch rollers when the media is moving backwards thru the printer.

-Output tension: Controls the tension between the grit roller/pinch rollers and the take-up during printing.

Alpha Star

Ah, okay. I did some tests with no take up, and OT setting appears to be irrelevant, so I think that proves it’s for take-up tension.

So I assume it’s pretty safe to say BT doesn’t affect printed output, and only needs adjusting if we’re slipping or slacking as it winds back up on the supply side?