• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP9000 "grainy look" with Flexi

Quix

Hello to all.
(I posted this in the Flexi Forum, but didn't get any feedgack - maybe here, with HP expert's help...)
I own an HP9000 and I print on FlexiSign and/or Photoprint server 8.
I wonder if you know which setting I should use for printing solid colors: Printed photos look great, but with all vector images I get a "grainy" look; specially on light colors.
I wonder if that's all I can expect from my 14pl printheads; or maybe I´m using a bad configuration.
Once I saw an HP8000 printing with Onyx, and colors looked more flat; so I wonder if i get this due to my settings, not due to my printer...
I hope someone can help.

CS-SignSupply

You might want to check the Pure Hue options within the ColorSetting>Rendering Intents section... click on Pure Hue next to vector and text options, then check all. Re-RIP and see if this clears things up a little.

Quix

CiberSupply,
I've already checked that, and I get beautiful saturated colors (such as C=100%, M=100%, Y=0, k=0) but all light colors (such as (such as C=40%, M=0%, Y=100, K=0 look grainy. I was wondering if it has something to do with the printing temperature (supossing inks don't have enough time to expand and mix - if anyhow this is expected to happen).
I've tried different inks with just few changes.
Thank you for your help.