• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp9000 light cyan dropping out

ae101

Hi guys, We have a HP9000 for just over a year and it was printing fine up until Monday when it had a minor head crash. Got all the colours back printing except the light cyan. If i do an IQ test the light cyan will only hold for 3 or 4 passes then bands badly. We have done multiple strong cleans, normal cleans, wiped under the heads and wash print heads and there is no change in the light cyan. Any ideas on how to get it back printing right.

Not the greatest pic but gives you an idea

attachment.php

Attachments

• Z3HN0fJm.jpg
    Z3HN0fJm.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:

danno

How long did you wash the print heads? I would try to let them soak for 12 hours do a strong recovery and try again. There is a possibility that the crash could have damaged the head. The other attempt would be to apply the print head cleaning sheet overnight to the print head carriage.

C

ColoPrinthead

I had a similar machine with the same heads that was still under service contract and experienced the same issues as you. I did the head soak for over 12 hours and still had drop outs. I utilized the service contract and the only thing the tech did was stand by the machine and run head cleanings for about 6 hours straight before the head started working properly again.

ae101

How long did you wash the print heads? I would try to let them soak for 12 hours do a strong recovery and try again. There is a possibility that the crash could have damaged the head. The other attempt would be to apply the print head cleaning sheet overnight to the print head carriage.

I did an over night wash so a 12+ clean, then I did a second one for an hour over my lunch break. We dont have any cleaning sheets, might have to look into them

ae101

Do a nozzel check so you can see what the head looks like. you can see were
its dropping out.

havent check here all day, just about to go home now, ill do a nozzel check in the morning, at the moment i have the caps full with wipe solution and the heads left sitting in that for the night, hopefully it will some what fixed tomorrow, i have 3 10ft x 5ft signs to print

ae101

So after 16hours of the heads sitting in wipe solution this is wht a nozzel check and IQ test look like

again sorry for the bad phone pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• opzzkf6l.jpg
    opzzkf6l.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 110
  • PGLnhCMl.jpg
    PGLnhCMl.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 110
  • s8uSMYkl.jpg
    s8uSMYkl.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 98
  • X5xaBc6l.jpg
    X5xaBc6l.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck Osborne

if the head is damaged, it's tough titty said the kitty. Those cleaning sheets work pretty good for getting old ink off bottom of head. You can turn off the printer
overnite and the heads will fill with ink and some times dislodge crap in the head. New head in us is $2025.00 plus install.

ae101

if the head is damaged, it's tough titty said the kitty. Those cleaning sheets work pretty good for getting old ink off bottom of head. You can turn off the printer
overnite and the heads will fill with ink and some times dislodge crap in the head. New head in us is $2025.00 plus install.

i dont know how much heads are here in ireland but i know the are crazy expensive. Thankfully the light cyan came back this afternoon and all is good,