• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp9000

BobCap

With everyone buying the HP latex machine there is a plethera of HP9000 machines going for fairly cheep.

Of course the printer salespeople tell me to stay away from it.

Is it worth it to get into one if the price is reasonable?

It does not bother me to get my hands into one either. I have rebuilt several Mutoh and Canon printers.

Does any one have a service manual for this they can email to me?

Users manual?

Thanks and looking forward to your comments.

Bob Cap

JoshLoring

Don't get an HP whether Latex or not. I've seen the latex fading already on other wraps. If you want long term buy a Roland. There's a reason they win best inks at all the tradeshows.

signswi

You keep saying that but none of us with HPs in the field are seeing fading. Are these wraps not laminated?

gnemmas

All inks or paints fade eventually. We need time frame, laminated or not, and exposure condition to compare.

Josh, please elaborate.

Jack Knight1979

:rock-n-roll:

I love my Roland. All this HP latex ink is making me rethink my Roland.
I will say my particular Roland isn't the best photo printer, but I don't do enough photos to worry about it.

That said an HP 9000 is a headache. There is always a ton of them for sale online. Don't bother.

Rolands have a great track record and are built like tanks. I've talked with multiple vendors that have HP L25500's and they like them well enough, but tell me they are over built, a lot of things can go wrong, and don't like all the plastic components.

One HP failed and was down for quite some time. No one could figure out the problem. Turns out it was a CPU fan that was running too slow. Machine was down for MONTHS.

Not to mention HP's upgrade their machines every year and make you feel like you just wasted a ton of cash on an old model.

Don't get an HP whether Latex or not. I've seen the latex fading already on other wraps. If you want long term buy a Roland. There's a reason they win best inks at all the tradeshows.