• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP9000s Resetting Counters

MMSigns

Hello fellow sign makers. Long time reader, first time poster :p

I am currently waiting on some new primer assemblies for my HP9000s (due to getting the end-of-life ERROR1290 message) to arrive from HP.

In the meantime, I would like to reset my counters so I can print during the 2 week shipping delay.

However, my manual does not have anything mentioning how to do this.

I know the codes to get in if the printer is working properly, but the ERROR1290 now pops up and freezes the machine as soon as it initializes, locking me out.

Is there any way into the maintenance menu during startup? Like holding down a certain button or something?

J Hill Designs

shut down machine

to skip error recovery when powering on machine, press Cancel and Shift keys and Power On button.

you'll get to maintenance mode password! (shift, up, down, right)

go to counters and reset Prime Assembly.

machine is telling you to replace prime assembly - you don't have to do it immediately...

MMSigns

Amazing sir. You are faster than my own tech. I was able to access the maintenance menu with your help (although I had to use my own code, yours didn't work). However, after browsing through the menu's, I cannot find any mention of counters. My options are...

^ P. ADJ

< PH. ADJ

V PH. MAIN

..after going thru each of these menu's, I still couldn't find anything about resetting counters. I'm still double checking, but thought I would post this in the meantime.