• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HPFB750

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
My HPFB750 decides to shut down and/or restart whenever it wants.
Any idea why this would happen?

greysquirrel

maybe old lamps? never saw one just shut down unless during a print where it could be power related, communication between the head board/lvds cable/main board

Glavin_ID

Our 700 does the same thing, would also be curious to know if anyone has input. I always assumed the power supply was going or something like that. Ours will go through spurts where it happens a lot then won’t do it for months.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
You can dig through the logs to see if there's a reason behind the shutdown command. Otherwise I would first try throwing a fresh install on a fresh hard drive if I were shotgunning parts at it.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Our 550 gets an error saying the LCD touch screen lost communication and all you can do is reboot it. Never actually seen it happen while running the machine - it’s always overnight and then I come in the next morning to the sound of the cooling fans for the lamps running. Which is weird since the machine has been idle for many hours by that time, but I guess that’s a failsafe if it loses its mind and can’t tell whether the lamps are on.