• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HPL25500 Discontinued? Why?

kfinnn

I just started a new position and we have the HPL25500 60" latex printer. We had to replace some parts and I discovered this printer is now discontinued. Can anyone tell me why this printer was discontinued?

I thought it was one of the hottest printers out there. It was kind of difficult to find parts. My old standby site for the even older HP5500, partshere.com, didn't have the parts we needed. Anyone have a good source for parts?

ProWraps

it was discontinued because the l26500 replaced it.

parts are easy to find. call an HP certified tech.

kfinnn

Yes - I realize the L26500 replaced the L25500. Is there a problem with the L25500 that I should be aware of? What can the L26500 do that the L25500 can not?

FrankW

• 1 inch more media width
  • Improved Take-Up-Roller
  • Little difference in ink
  • black design

Discontinued doesn't mean that there is no support anymore ... it just mean that a new model have released.

ProColorGraphics

I had to do some serious digging to find a 2" spindle. The place I got it from said that by law they have to have parts available for 5 years after they discontinue it. Not sure if that's true or not?

tattoo.dan

Mine is printing fine. Parts are available I am sure. Should be readily available. Don't quite see the panic in this....