• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HPL25500 LATEX PRINT ISSUE

seattle

Hello,

I just finished printing about 30' of a wall mural. When the print was done the printer just kept feeding and feeding my roll of material until I was able to flip the power switch in the back.

My RIP SAI finished fine, the printer would not respond to any buttons, just kept going and going untill I killed power.

Anyone have ideas to help with this? I dont like it spooling an entire roll of blank vinyl at the end of a job....

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

seattle

OK, that was fun, I think it would have sent my entire roll thru if I hadnt cut power. It sent about 15' and when I reset power I could not spool it back, had to do it by hand.
Does anyone have any ideas about this?

bannertime

I've seen this happen before, but there was actually another file that started to print. Somehow, in the RIP, that next file was set to print like 10ft from the end of the previous job. Otherwise, just some weird glitch like it froze up as it was "ejecting" and never got to send the signal to stop.

AF

The spindle motor is connected to a control board which is connected to the main board via cables. Those cable connections can have a bad crimp which causes a faulty electrical connection when the machine is heated up (thermal issue). Changing the spindle control board won't necessarily fix the issue, but repairing the crimps or replacing the cables will fix it. Good luck.