• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HR Dept says we're not "essential"

ikarasu

We got 3 letters from our vendors giving us a essential support document. One from an emergency aircraft company... One from our local natural gas company and one from a telecommunications company we do business with. All have declared us and got us an exemption the same day.... We're not in a shutdown, so I'm wondering if it all happening at once is a hint that it's about to happen and they got the heads up.

I'm not sure how were going to handle it if there is a shutdown. Everyone has their own station right now... Well likely shutdown still and I'll be the one who runs in to produce whatever essential stuff these companies need, and all other signs will just be delayed.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you supply something to an essential company... That doesn't mean toy should stay open if you don't need to though. Just remember... The more strict we are now, the faster all of this is over with.

rjssigns

We got 3 letters from our vendors giving us a essential support document. One from an emergency aircraft company... One from our local natural gas company and one from a telecommunications company we do business with. All have declared us and got us an exemption the same day.... We're not in a shutdown, so I'm wondering if it all happening at once is a hint that it's about to happen and they got the heads up.

I'm not sure how were going to handle it if there is a shutdown. Everyone has their own station right now... Well likely shutdown still and I'll be the one who runs in to produce whatever essential stuff these companies need, and all other signs will just be delayed.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you supply something to an essential company... That doesn't mean toy should stay open if you don't need to though. Just remember... The more strict we are now, the faster all of this is over with.

I took myself out even though I work for a marina where I could have gotten an exemption.

But I'm close enough to that at risk age and not that self important to put my wife or family members at risk.

I've gotten pretty good at this living thing and want to do it a while longer.;)

d fleming

I'm sure you are plenty tidy, but all I can imagine is a CNC router in one corner, and the distillery in the other, and selling rum with silver chips in it akin to goldschlager!
I charge extra for chips, lol. Two totally different warehouses side by side. I did put in doors between the two when I did the build out. Screen printing in another location as well. Who wants rum that tastes like plastisol?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
so, myront
i am still waiting to her thecresult of your call?.
are you " essential"?

i have been on the edge of my seat, waiting to hear how your thread ended

Sorry all, I had no idea anyone was waiting the outcome. We have a clearance letter from the city planner, who apparently, has more clout than the mayor. We've been working with somewhat minimal staff, curbside pickup, phone in payments, drop box, shipments are dropped at the door, etc.

We've done several restaurant "open with curbside..." signs, Florida Dept of Health signs along with the usual realtor signs, vehicle wraps, magnets, etc.

John Miller

So, our payroll company says we are nonessential. The way I read it we are. We're providing signs for military pertaining to Covid-19. Also providing signs for county sheriff, various city police, food agencies, and local hospitals.

We are an LLC. 1 owner and 8 employees.

What say you?
Here in Connecticut, if you are a manufacturer you are essential. Check your state guidelines, and yes, if you are making the kind of signs you mention you are definitely essential. Get a new payroll company.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So, our payroll company says we are nonessential. The way I read it we are. We're providing signs for military pertaining to Covid-19. Also providing signs for county sheriff, various city police, food agencies, and local hospitals.

We are an LLC. 1 owner and 8 employees.

What say you?
Why would they care? What if you are still paying employees even if your shop isn't technically open? They can't withhold checks on what they think.