• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HS 15 cutter cut problem PLEASE help

syclonesjs

Hi everyone, just signed up.

Ive just got hold of an Edge2 and a Hs15 cutter to go with it. I run them both from Flexi.

Edge seems fine but the cutter works fine on everything except when it cuts curves.

If i send a square box to it it will cut fine, star shape fine again, if i send a box with round edges its still fine. Now if i send some text or wobbly shape it cuts fine but then stops ramdomly say 30% 50% 90% knife stays down and i have to hit reset. Its almost like it just runs out of data being sent??

Also noticed that on some curves its not quite deep enough to weed like the straight edges are but again saying that when i did a box with simple curved corners it cut fine and weeded perfect.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Simon

syclonesjs

Hi, ok they are

Res 196.850
passes 1
Advance a plot Ticked
Send arc faint (not used?)
Knife offset not ticked
Packet size not ticked
Curve quality High

zenstatez

mine are
bits per second 9600(the baud rate of the comm port could be a culprit)
data bits 8
parity none
stop bits 1
flow control none

syclonesjs

Yep all the same as yours, i tried playing with parity and Flow just to see if anything changed but that are back to same as above now.

not getting any error lights/beeps. The blade just stops and the Run single light stays on.

zenstatez

oh is it the hs15 plus supersprint model? cause it might also be the drivers you selected theres hs15... hs15 plus which is what we're using with the supersprint and hs15plus hp/gl which could also solve the problem cause i think it's the generic driver... i know we've had the problem in the past as well i just can't remember how we fixed it

syclonesjs

Its not the Plus just the standard HS 15 without swivel knife. I have the driver set to HS 15, there is a plus Driver as well.

Thanks again, really stressing as got a job waiting to go grrr

syclonesjs

Ok it does perfect circles that weed spot on.

So i just tried a test, i cut a circle all was good, i then made a shape in flexi from a big circle with a smaller circle cut out so it was a continuous shape. It cut that spot on as well!

So next i did the same shape but cut a circular hole in the middle.

Not so good this time it did the whole thing bar about an inch of the outside shape so it didnt join up.

Seems to get in trouble the moment the blade lifts up then down for another cut.....possibly

syclonesjs

Look at the HS15 plus document and the self diags. Not sure this is in the HS15 but give it a try.

http://www.gspinc.com/default.asp?contentID=203#LEGACY

Page 39 of the document - if the XO internal job looks good then I would say it's the data or connection.

Hi, slight problem we have been unable to get into diagnostic mode, no matter how many times i have held reset then powered up it wont do the alternating lights that show its in Diag mode, sorry forgot to say this.

Unless i'm doing something totally wrong?

syclonesjs

ok now im confused a rectangle with curved corners with and inline applied so its a hollow frame just worked 100% Blade lifted and cut the inner line no problem.

But send something a little more complex and it just stops????

Cut the letter R works fine, type the word ROB and cut that and it does the R fine and freezes going 3/4 way round the inner circle of the letter O

:banghead:

Last edited: