• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hs-750

Maritimer

We have an HS-750 Gerber plotter that is cutting out in the middle of jobs.
It will be cutting and then stops and beeps like crazy. I've tried re-starting everything but it's still doing it. Yesterday it worked fine and cut 1/2 my job but I couldn't finish job today. I found out they only service the "PLUS" model so there's no support out there.

Anyone have any ideas what would be the problem? Thanks, Maritimer

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Having owned and HS-750, two S-750's, and about a dozen 15" Gerber plotters, the best advice i can give you is to clean and lubricate all shafts and bearings. More than 90% of the problems we ever experienced was related to bearings and shafts not being clean enough and oiled enough to function as designed. If the problem persists then you need to identify which sensor is being tripped and then diagnose why.

Maritimer

thks for the tips...I know the bearings and shafts haven't been cleaned/lubricated and there's alot of dust when I opened the the "door". I'll also get a flashlight and see if anything pops out that doesn't look OK. Wish there was someone in Eastern Canada I could pay to work on it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The dust could be a major problem due to optical sensors possibly being blocked. I'd suggest blowing it out with a compressed air can sold for the purpose.

GoodPeopleFlags

Same thing is happening to me! Same plotter, too. This happened a couple of months ago but seemed to "fix itself"... until today. I'll try cleaning it up but it really seems like there's something going on with the communication between the plotter and software.

I've googled the problem and tried a couple of things but the solutions are for a "Plus" machine.

Please help! Thanks!

Maritimer

Gerber would offer me support on the phone if it would have been a "Plus" machine but said they couldn't help me because it's just a regular HS-750. Going to try the cleaning and lubricating route tomorrow and see what happens.