• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Huh?!?!?!

WildWestDesigns

What would cause this error? Something that I could correct on my end or the originator need to:

"Can't open the illustration. The illustration contains an illegal or misplace operator.

Offending operator: d42.0781"

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
what kind of file is it?
eps ai pdf?
if it is an ai or eps try changing the extension to pdf and opening it with reader,
It may open with errors and you might be able to see what is wrong.
If it does open, re-save it out of reader and then try opening the new save in Illy.

wayne k
guam usa

WildWestDesigns

what kind of file is it?
eps ai pdf?
if it is an ai or eps try changing the extension to pdf and opening it with reader,
It may open with errors and you might be able to see what is wrong.
If it does open, re-save it out of reader and then try opening the new save in Illy.

wayne k
guam usa

That didn't work either, except it gave me a more specific reason for why that was. This file was sent as an email attachment and it did say that a possibility was that it wasn't properly decoded when it was sent as an attachment.

Evidently this is going to have to be re-sent if that is the reason for this hoopla. Sounds reasonable enough.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
book_worm_closeup_blink_sm_wht.gif
Perhaps you could reverse the procedure by emailing it to the customer to correct it.

dog42.gif

PC Signs

This happens often to us, it usually is an .eps file created in flexi or corel that is too big for illustrator to open. I beleive the maximum page size for illustrator is 227" x 227". Try to open in flexi or corel if you have access to either one of those programs.

JERHEMI

What would cause this error? Something that I could correct on my end or the originator need to:

"Can't open the illustration. The illustration contains an illegal or misplace operator.

Offending operator: d42.0781"

This isn't my files I sent you are they? lol

WildWestDesigns

No, your 3 files are good to go. This is from an embroidery job.

I don't have Coral and/or Flexi. I do have an embroidery program that was done in conjunction with coral, but I don't think that's going to help all that much.

The file is listed as an ai, but it could have still come from at least coral, just exported as an ai.

I dunno, hope to know Monday.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you open the AI file in a text app like WordPad, you can read the header which tells you things such as what version it is and what program created it.

Malkin

Happens to me pretty frequently (couple times a month anyway) almost always when i create a new file in illy 10 and save as pdf. (use 10 for basic files that all the other computers on our network can open)

The fix has always been to place the pdf into a new illy CS2 document (newest we have), the downside is that all text editability and some formatting is lost.

Rooster

I never email illustrator files unless I compress them first.

For some reason .ai files just don't seem to want to transfer properly via email.

WildWestDesigns

This is actually a first for me. I have gotten quite a few vector files (ai, eps) and haven't had any issues like this until now.