• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Human Billboard

bdavis93

I'm new here and I really don't know much about sign making. I've started a Human Billboard company and need help figuring out how to make signs for a cheap price. I really have no idea where to even begin producing these or if I would be better off just purchasing them custom made. If you think that is the route I should take, any sign-making company referrals would be appreciated.

Malkin

Welcome from ME

Best suggestion I can think of....

Familiarize yourself with the industry, esp the subtrates you will need and the methods to have a graphic imprinted.
Purchase and learn a graphic design program like Illustrator or Corel, and sub the actual sign making to a wholesaler.

You could buy your own equipment, but it might be a while before you paid it off.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Human billboards.
Hitler use to make those with stacked bodies...

If we're talking about "the guy standing on the corner with a liquidation sign", outsource it to a local shop if you don't know anything about the trade.

zmatalucci

I just got into the business. I found a supplier in euganda that sells humans real cheap.
I supply their housing, and two meals a day. I then staple, (yes staple) posters to their front and back side. Some of the faster ones play "chicken" to gain added exposure for the discerning clientele. Of course it costs more, but the "WOW" factor is well worth the added cost.

ndemond

Welcome. If I was hiring someone to stand on the street and advertise my "BIG SALE", I would go to a..... sign company.... and they would custom make them for me, where does your company fit in? Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Nancy

bdavis93

Nancy,
My company would have the signs custom made and one of my employees doing the "sign holding". I would include packages such as 4 hours, with custom made sign and mascot for $75-$100. Does this sound like something that would appeal to you and your company?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well, bdavis93, when I approved your registration... and I am the one that did... I didn't notice the part where it said "I really don't want to be in the sign-making business but I want to know how to buy them cheap."

Now that might seem a little harsh... but sounds to me like you aren't really looking to be in the sign business... you're looking to peddle your product and find a way to get cheap signs... so correct me if I'm wrong, cuz if I'm not I'm going to correct this situation immediately...

Edited to add... looking at this I guess I can see it two ways... so I will give ya' the benefit of the doubt... just hit me totally the wrong way... it's been a long day and I can admit that I may be wrong...

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

human billboard = sign spinners, walkers and like
yes I make signs for people who have them going on
theres a few outfits here claims to be national some paying as low as $8 per hour most about $10 the real good and long active ones as much as $18
so about 50% goes to the worker

I've started ads on a trailer behind a bicycle when out and about, hoping for event gig soon