• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Humans hiding - nature returning?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sky turning blue - wildlife seen in places they haven't been in for over a decade. All nice stuff but there seems to be a darker side.

I left these hanging on the wall overnight in the main shop.
At first, I couldn't find them the next morning. They turned up on the floor around the corner from the key control board I left them on.
Conclusions:
1. We have big roaches
2. They are starving with no one bringing any food into the empty building.
3. I think I need to rethink my quarantine personal hygiene regimen.
roach trap.jpg

(there was nothing wrong with the neck cord & ear-hooks the night before)

C

ColoPrinthead

Now that they have had a taste of your essence you are surely doomed.

Last edited by a moderator:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks lice mice, they like to chew on wiring.
Possible, but the mice, shrews & rats around here tend to chew all the way through wiring when they get ahold of it.
These still work but I'm not in a hurry to put them around my neck.

C

ColoPrinthead

Possible, but the mice, shrews & rats around here tend to chew all the way through wiring when they get ahold of it.
These still work but I'm not in a hurry to put them around my neck.
The ones with black death don't chew all the way through, they tire out easier.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
BUT wait there is more ..... May just leveled up

"Murder Hornets"...what a bunch of hype. I was a beekeeper for almost 20 years and these guys have been around for a very long time. Just like the Africanized honeybee, the news media likes to play on people's fears. The only thing you can believe from the media is that the plight of the honeybee is in dire straits.

JB

netsol

as do squirrels and a lot of other animals
they must like the taste of pvc

wiring chewed up all the time, but i have never seen a banner chewed up?
has anyone?

automotive wiring as well. i just lent my carlson jewler's visor to a car mechanic friend, he has 24 wires to splice, at a big grommet, going through firewall, almost no insulation left to read color code

signage

If you research they seem to use a nut by product in the insulation for Auto's and that is the reason the wires get chewed by rodents.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not at all.

Squirrels, mice and other gnawing rodents chew on wire because their teeth are continuously growing. They've learned that chewing on wires helps with their dental work. They'll chew on any metal from gutters and down spouts to anything small enough to get their mouth around.

C

ColoPrinthead

"Soy-based wire coatings and insulation introduced by vehicle manufacturers at their attempt of “going green” or being more “environmentally friendly” has created a problem for consumers, from rodents chewing on soy-based wire coatings among other problems."
Fu¢kin hippies!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All of the rodents mentioned in your article have been chewing through wires in vehicles for a lot longer than they've been using the new formulas on wiring. It's just a cheap shot for class C a$$hole lawyers to make a buck while they go sue-crazy over something else. What about the wiring in your attic or basement ?? How about the Christmas lights outside ?? They chew through all of that and have been for a 100 years. That stuff doesn't have soy in it.

Yep, they just made the wires a little tastier, but it's far from the true reason.