Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hummmm?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by technowolf, Aug 26, 2006.

1. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Hi all,

I have found this school font i needed for a school job i have. on dafont.com i downloaded the zip file the font works great in photoshop or illustrator but i cant get it in my winpcsign software because the file extension is not the same :( and it also tels me that the font is embeded when try to transform it. what does embeded means???? i have always used winpcsign.... usuly i import in winpcsign from illustrator but when i try whit this nothing happens??? is it possible to cut whit illustrator?? I barely use illustrator but it is the only other software I have and i need to get this school font cut the soonest.... i have wasted lots of time already.

any help is apreciated

cheers
    Alex

Tags:
  2. DJDesigns

DJDesigns New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Try doing the text you need in Illustrator, converting it to outlines. And then save it as an .eps you can load in WinPCSign.

Now that I think about it, saving it as an .eps should make it outlines anyway.

But thats just my quick suggestion.

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    DJ is corrct in his first statement. I do think you should convert to outlines first, this is done by selecting the text after everything is typeset correctly, spellchecked, kerned & whatever other type related modifications may need to be applied (bold, italic etc.) ... then the pull-down "type" menu will show "create outlines". It is often wise to take this step on a copy of the file "saved as" some other filename, so you also still have one with the text intact

4. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    create outlines did the trick..................thanks guys

:U Rock:

:thankyou: