Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humvee Lettering

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 3Dsigns, Aug 19, 2020.

1. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    Customer wants his logo put on the doors of his Humvee. only problem is the doors are covered in some kind of "canvas" which seems to have been painted black but the "fabric" texture is still quite prominent so I don't think vinyl is going to work. What kind of paint would you suggest for something like this? Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    If that material is nylon, there is a vinyl special for it, I just don't remember the name

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

I have done tire covers in the past for jeeps. Probably same material. We cut stencil, used a heat gun to set it and air brushed the logos on them. I've also hand painted them with one shot. I never tried vinyl before but I would try the high tack materials made for low energy plastics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Paint mask stencils and paint the logos on if he wants them to hold up over time. You could use a vinyl like Arlon DPF8000 and it might hold up but also might come off at a car wash.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    Just discovered it has Rhino Liner sprayed over the whole vehicle, including the fabric.. Does Oneshot stick well to that?