• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HVLP Recommendations

rkiefer2

Relatively new to the sign making industry, but Im getting to the point were I need to start thinking about stepping up my game on finishes.

I have a 4X4 CNC that I use to make various dimenstional signs and furniture. Materials include HDU, MDF, MDO, wood, extira, etc.

Recently discovered HVLP sprayers and thinking about getting one, but have some questions.

Questions
1. Is it worth the mess of cleaning up the equipment for small projects as small as 2X2 primed/painted signs?
2. I do everything in my basement would I need a spray booth or is the over spray manageable enough to control with some drop cloths?
3. What are the some recommendations for a mid level HVLP setup that can does small to medium size projects?

rjssigns

No way in a basement unless you build a full blown mini-booth like one of my clients has.

HVLP really cuts down on overspray, but they still make a lot.

Check Harbor Freight's HVLP's. They are quite nice for the money.