• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HVLP system

John Miller

Fuji 2904-T70 Mini-Mite 4 PLATINUM - T70 HVLP Spray System - Hvlp Sprayers - Amazon.com

Looking for a better way to spray exterior acrylic latex. Anyone use a HVLP system similar to the one in the link? What I have read says it will spray almost anything with no thinner needed but looking for real world users or other ideas.

Thanks!
If you want my opinion, acrylic latex is not the paint to use for outdoor signs. After spraying, you'll wait several days for the finish to cure. Research Matthews acrylic urethane. With an accelerator added you can spray at the end of the day and work on the sign the next day. If applied correctly, the surface will be smooth as glass and the finish will last a long time. If you buy a mixing station you are able to match pantone colors, vinyl colors and any paint manufacturers color chart. We mix as little as 1/2 pint of the color we want. In the long run it will pay for itself.