• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hyvision monitors?

The Giraffe

I got a brand new 22" as a thank you from a client and love it. I wanted to get another to go dual but they no longer seem to exist. Anybody know the skinny?

It's like they dropped off the face of the earth.

:help:

The Giraffe

Ummmm....

Nevermind. I just found a couple of reviews and understand why.

Jeez, I guess I've been very lucky.

That being said, I'm sure it'll now die tomorrow. Any recommendations for reasonably priced 22"ers out there?

John M

Check out the 22 inch from Chimei. I carry them in my store and you can get them directly from New Egg as well.

The picture is extremely good and you can't beat the price. They have a 3 year warranty on parts, labor, and backlight too.

I haven't had a single dead or stuck pixel on any Chimei product.

Rooster

I recently picked up the Samsung 275T and couldn't be happier. Grabbed it from a local big box electronics retailer on sale for $850 and I've attached a gamut comparison below showing how it displays about 90% of the Adobe RGB space. A little weak in the blues for my taste, but a great value for the money. The AdobeRGB space is the white line.

Attachments

• Gamut-comparison.jpg
    Gamut-comparison.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 85
S

SignTech

Check out the 22 inch from Chimei. I carry them in my store and you can get them directly from New Egg as well.

The picture is extremely good and you can't beat the price. They have a 3 year warranty on parts, labor, and backlight too.

I haven't had a single dead or stuck pixel on any Chimei product.

Curious John M ...... I recently remodeled my design area and the last thing I need to upgrade is a new monitor. I saw this HP 22" in Best Buy ... it has aan amazing glass smooth screen and rich colors that do not hurt your eyes even though the screen is bright.

how does this compare to the Chimei you carry? And what is your cost?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...A?skuId=8661646&type=product&id=1196470439109

Thanks .....

John M

The Chimei is a little brighter while the HP is rated at a better contrast ratio. Contrast is one of those things that's hard to compare between manufacturers though because it's measured (and sometimes fudged a bit) differently by each company.

Also important to note is that the HP does not have a DVI input. It uses HDMI which will require a converter or special cable to connect to most graphics cards.

Right now I can't come close to NewEgg's price of $229 + $16 shipping on the Chimei. Check out the reviews: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824252008

I can't even buy them that cheap from my distributor, and I've told them that several times. NewEgg is the Wal-Mart of electronics! I still sell a good volume of them though because we keep them onhand and it's still at a lower price than stores like Wal-Mart or Office Max. Luckily we don't have a Best Buy or Circuit City in town.