• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am a Font

onesource

When I first started hand lettering and had one stroke script down I liked brush script because we only had brody in the 4B and I learned to paint it,I learned every stroke and still enjoy painting and using brush script, its truly a die hard font.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That's my point exactly. You can point it out, correct it and "sell" the changes. The customer needs a sign, good or bad, layout is totally on them. You present your recommendations and "sell" the upgrade.If they take it great!, if not, do you walk away from the job?

I don't walk away but the client is invited to do so. My lack of interest in selling someone on something is total.

In my shop the client gets to say what it says, I get to say how it says it. If some patron or another can't live with that, they're welcome to seek out the help of the nest of incompetents down the road. I have all the work I want on my terms, I see no reason to agree to anyone else's.

This comes with age. The older you get the more you you cooperate with the rest of the universe on your terms or not at all.

MobileImpact

I don't walk away but the client is invited to do so. My lack of interest in selling someone on something is total.

In my shop the client gets to say what it says, I get to say how it says it. If some patron or another can't live with that, they're welcome to seek out the help of the nest of incompetents down the road. I have all the work I want on my terms, I see no reason to agree to anyone else's.

This comes with age. The older you get the more you you cooperate with the rest of the universe on your terms or not at all.

Bob,
I think were kinda saying the same thing, only in a different way. My whole life is lived on my "terms". If somebody wants Brush Script, and they are willing to pay for it, and the check clears, or the credit card gets approved, then they have reached my terms. This doesn't make me incompetent as a sign maker or designer, it just makes my checking account bigger.

Former member

Helvetica and brush and times and arial are overused because they work.
They work well for me at least... I did this recently and got paid well..Logo is nothing but helvetica neue. I just made a minor tweak to the "i" in union...and kerned....Dont blame the font, blame the design

Attachments

• stellar.jpg
    stellar.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 83