• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

i am definately losing it.

gabagoo

I had a guy in who needed this little decal to put on a maserati control panel for the airconditioning info. The piece he found at the wreckers did not have air conditioning so He had the old piece and I said sure... easy job. Scan it and redraw basically a square with a cut out circle in the middle for the knob and a blue elipse to indicate the strength of the fan setting. Ok I scan the piece at its natural size and digitize it. Of course I say to myself...I will never need this so I dont save it and export it as an eps file so I can import it into Flexi and print and cut.

I did just that and it sat here for a week. The guy shows up today to pick it up and as I am handing it to him with the original piece I can see that it is about 30% smaller than it should be. Embarassingly I apologize and tell him I will have it for him monday.

This is typical.... I save 99% of everything but this file I just didn't. I figure no prob it is either still on my desktop or in the recycle bin. Cant find it in either place and naturally after printing it I did not save it there either. So the question is... I still have the file for printing in the production manager... is there a way to resize it in there or to at least get it out of there and re-adjust it?

I can rescan it I suppose but I may as well find out now if such a thing can be done

gabagoo

it is weird that even the eps file that I exported out of Signlab is no where to be found, mind you I have no idea what I called it either... Was just a quick knock off job. Rescan and digitize will take 10 minutes. I was more curious about getting that file out of production manager.

I found you can export the file out as a plt file from the manager but I have no idea what program can open it. I tried bringing it back to flexi, coreldraw and signlab and each time it failed... not sure what the plt file would be used for.

in other words, I have spent more time trying to recover the file than what it would have taken to rescan and redraw it..... lol

R08

One of the things I do to try to find a mystery file is to do a search for the file and limit my results to files changed within the last day. (using wildcards like *.cdr)

javila

Do a search for *.eps for files created that day on your entire computer, should be able to track it down fairly easy then.

I created a "throwaway temp" folder that I clear out every two or three months. Just little things that don't matter, but it'd be nice to have them "just in case".