• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am going to be on TV

showcase 66

Our local TV station, which pretty much everyone around her watches at some time especially by other business owners, has a cooking show that usually has local business members cook there favorite dishes. Most of the time, it is members of Kiwanis or the Chamber of Commerce and they are getting some advertising for some kind of event coming up.

I have done it twice before for Kiwanis, but I was not allowed to go into to much detail about my business. I was there for other charity events that were coming up.

This time, I am going to be on there for my business and my business only. Have been working out a deal with the owner of the TV station. I am now the one doing all the banners for the show and 2 other shows they produce.

The best part is how I landed the job in the first place. The station just got a new car and it was just lettered up about November of last year. Something always seemed to look wrong but I never really looked at it. About 5 weeks ago, I was in the parking lot of a local wireless store where they were filming a commercial. I started looking over the vehicle and then I realized the name of the station was spelled wrong on the passenger side as well as the station number on that side was switched. Instead of station 57 it was station 75.

The owner came out and we got to talking. I have known him since I was in High School. I pointed out the errors on the one side, (he doesnt drive that car) and he almost blew a gasket. I told him I could fix it but the place who did it should fix it for him. He then said they did the same thing to his last car a couple years ago.

Pretty much ever since, I have done pretty much everything for them. Now with this contract we just finalized, I will get paid about 75% of what I would for each banners I am going to do for them every week and I get to be on the cooking show twice a year for my business.

Should be fun and hopefully really beneficial.

MikePro

congrats! people jaw at local television stations/advertisements, but there's a LOT to be said about getting your name out there just a little bit more and anchoring your presence in the local community.

also congrats, in advance, @ postcount #1000! lol, just had to throw it out there :)

showcase 66

congrats! people jaw at local television stations/advertisements, but there's a LOT to be said about getting your name out there just a little bit more and anchoring your presence in the local community.

also congrats, in advance, @ postcount #1000! lol, just had to throw it out there :)

Damn. I wish I would have checked this post before looking at another one. Wasted my 1000 post on +1 in another thread.

Congratulations and what's for dinner?

Not sure what I am making yet. Thinking of making haluski and not sure what else.

Or making my mother-in-laws verde chili and fresh tortillas. I will have to talk my wife into being on there with me to make those. According to my mil, I dont have "mexican fingers" to flip them without a spatula.