• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am Lost - Don't know where to go next

Locals Find!

Advertising for a real estate agent that doesn't have the guy's picture? Around here, agents have their pictures plastered on everything they own it seems.

He is definitely the exception to the rule in the last year I have had Adtechia LLC out of over 1000 sets of cards for Realtors he is only the 4th to not have a picture and only the second by choice. The other two were because they didn't make the office deadline to submit photos.

Signs are the one thing I never put pictures on though. I find it detracts from the property and really doesn't belong on magnets. I keep the signs simple. Agent name, Company Name (Required locally) phone and website. Probably why I have gotten lazy on design. I make the same basic signs over and over all that changes are the Companies. Agents seem to change offices like most people change their underwear.

Locals Find!

like you said... not much to go on.
the only thing we get from his logo is he likes his J big and maybe his idea of modern is bold and blocky.

with that little bit of info
View attachment 59842

Very nice Gypsy. What fonts did you use on that for the contact info? I think the owner of the Office would really dig something like that. Probably won't work for Darin but, I am pretty sure she will like it.

ProWraps

do your clients a favor and hire a designer.

ive seen you on here and am embarassed that you are still here.

your a joke to the industry and a disgrace to designers.

you are way over your head and you are providing a sh*t service to people that unfortunately feel you are the solution to their needs.

do US a favor and go find a new flavor of the day to make your money.

and yes, thats how i really feel.

and LOST doesnt even begin to describe you.

iSign

the owner of the Office would really dig something like that.

hmm, in light of all the recent posting about people's desire to learn from their experiences in these threads..

sounds like you might want to design up something "like that"

look forward to seeing what you come up with :thumb:

GypsyGraphics

Very nice Gypsy. What fonts did you use on that for the contact info? I think the owner of the Office would really dig something like that. Probably won't work for Darin but, I am pretty sure she will like it.

the contact info font is Futura Light Condensed
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
and @ ProWraps... give it a rest already

ProWraps

-
-
-
-
-
--
---
-
-

-
---

sorry gypsy. i was away from my puter. that damn trojan i have posted that. i gotta get that bastard under control. can anyone suggest a good virus blocker?

Locals Find!

hmm, in light of all the recent posting about people's desire to learn from their experiences in these threads..

sounds like you might want to design up something "like that"

look forward to seeing what you come up with :thumb:

Here is my take on Gypsy's inspiration. Not original by any means. Gypsy inspired it.

Attachments

• JonesAndCoRealty-upload.jpg
    JonesAndCoRealty-upload.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 60

mikey-Oh

working the white letterforms against the black is a WAY better concept, when gold is just an accent... in this spectrum especially...

and... well this is the design now... uh.... and uhm, keep workin :thumb:!

GypsyGraphics

wouldn't all the realtors working under the Jones & Co name have the same cards?

Here is my take on Gypsy's inspiration. Not original by any means. Gypsy inspired it.

eek... that's a whole lota J's now!

Locals Find!

wouldn't all the realtors working under the Jones & Co name have the same cards?

eek... that's a whole lota J's now!

No, each agent is 100% independent contractor. They get an overall approval on the layout by the owner, beyond that though as long as it has the Realtor/MLS logo and the Company logo. That is about all she requires. Color combos are kinda left up to me. I did all the coloring for the logo. The original was just black on white. No shadow and No color.

The owner's name is JJ so I thought your Idea is cool with the big J in the background and the big J in the logo kinda has her name buried in the design subtly. Only thing I forgot was the office address have to go back and figure out how to fit that in there without ruining the design.

iSign

ummm 5%?.. you might get away with it...
50%??? .. Not a chance around here!!!
-
-
-
-
so, you're gonna draw up a revision right?
with the address? right now?

(I'm giving you credit for actually doing that first one tonight... I didn't think you would)

Locals Find!

ummm 5%?.. you might get away with it...
50%??? .. Not a chance around here!!!
-
-
-
-
so, you're gonna draw up a revision right?
with the address? right now?

(I'm giving you credit for actually doing that first one tonight... I didn't think you would)

Had already started working on the revision as soon as you said something. My eyes were rolling up in my head though so I tabled it for later today. When I finish up today's paying work I am going to tighten it up and repost the revision.

TheSellOut

OK now I am the one who is lost...

Will the real Jason Jones please stand up...

so is this either you or your father's agency?

Locals Find!

Will the real Jason Jones please stand up...

so is this either you or your father's agency?

It's not mine its not my dads. It just a Real Estate Office. You ever look up how many people in the World Share my last name?? I went to high school with a guy that had my same first and last name.

GypsyGraphics

just wanted to draw attention to the placement of elements on the page... logo, graphics, text, color block... all should have purposeful alignment.

where you place things in your layout is just as important as what you place in it

just one other comment adtech... you mentioned liking the font use used for the info but then went with something more stylized, not to mention more difficult to read... especially at that size.

whether you realize it or not... you probably liked the font because not only is it very legible but it fits the layout... clean & modern

attachment.php

Attachments

• JonesCo_alignment.jpg
    JonesCo_alignment.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 55

Locals Find!

just wanted to draw attention to the placement of elements on the page... logo, graphics, text, color block... all should have purposeful alignment.

where you place things in your layout is just as important as what you place in it

just one other comment adtech... you mentioned liking the font use used for the info but then went with something more stylized, not to mention more difficult to read... especially at that size.

whether you realize it or not... you probably liked the font because not only is it very legible but it fits the layout... clean & modern

attachment.php

I actually didn't use it because I didn't want to just rip off your design.