• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am so tired

Annette Asberg

Hi you all!!!
I am so extremely tired of my Graphtec FC8600 cutter that always cuts 2 or 3 times and makes a mess since it potentially will deep through the backing of the vinyl.
Does anyone know if it any setting in Onyx since it does fine with CuttingMaster4?

ikarasu

are you using .EPS files? Especially ones with Transparencies.

I started to use PDF and it fixed all my onyx contour issues. EPS files dont support transparencies...so onyx sees it as two cut lines (Not onyx's fault). Try saving the same file as pdf and see if it does the same thing.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Sounds like you have a stoke. Sometimes my LXI software adds a stroke of the same color, drives me nuts.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Maybe your stroke is being recognized as 2 lines AKA compound path??? Can you set to cut ONLY the center of the path? Otherwise as Bly said try to cut from the fill if you can.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We run Caldera and every cut is a path or stroke for us. It cuts the center of the stroke whether its 1pt or 20pt. Just recognizes the center of the line it self.

Is there a checkbox somewhere in your system....Convert Strokes to fills possibly??

MikePro

+1 to statements above
a stroke is seen as 2 paths, set your cut path shape as a fill (not a stroke) and you should be set.

interesting if there's a setting to negate this possibility in the future, but i stopped thinking about it 10years ago when I just made sure my production files were fills-only.