• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am what I am.

syn1ders

Hey Guys, I'm Back I tried to retire from the (signs) game but I keep getting pulled back into it so... This is my fourth decade and I've retired a few times already. I've come to the conclusion that sign making is my life. Actually I'm still very active and have at least 15-25 years before I sit in anyone's rocking chair.
I am thinking about mentoring the youth, teach them this trade of ours before it becomes extinct. The methods may change but the principle remain the same.:signs101:

ThinkRight

Hey Guys, I'm Back I tried to retire from the (signs) game but I keep getting pulled back into it so... This is my fourth decade and I've retired a few times already. I've come to the conclusion that sign making is my life. Actually I'm still very active and have at least 15-25 years before I sit in anyone's rocking chair.
I am thinking about mentoring the youth, teach them this trade of ours before it becomes extinct. The methods may change but the principle remain the same.:signs101:

Good for you.
About retirement, nobody should ever.
Maybe just quit your day job, but don't stop working.Stay busy somehow.
Stopping will kill you.
Mentoring is good for you and the people you teach.
Have Fun with it.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Good for you. I was lucky to get started, & I wish I had someone to teach me to hand letter and I still wish I could learn to gold leaf.

OldPaint

dont waste your time wanting to teach these youth of today........THEY KNOW IT ALL already just ask em))))

Craig Sjoquist

welcome back.

I'm planning a workshop here at a suppliers place.

Yes the younger crowd has taken interest in hand & low tech ways & means everything, which is normal when the high tech functions gets stronger.

Would like some tips & tricks on workshops myself

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
dont waste your time wanting to teach these youth of today........THEY KNOW IT ALL already just ask em))))

DON'T believe that, there are still a lot of good kids out there that are willing to learn a trade. I think it's great that you would be willing to help some younger people to get started with the sign trade. I guessing that you still do hand lettering and that is a great thing to be able to teach someone, there will allways be a market for a real sign artist!:thumb::clapping: