• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am...

Craig Sjoquist

howdy Mark welcome I've been enjoying your work in signcraft, and would like to do antique signs, but the skilled trade market is blah here and just learning how to build websites and market that, ..but have been collecting so someday will go at it, hope soon .... hope to see more of your great and interesting work......THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

I do not know how we missed this thread.

Mark, your work and reputation does indeed preceed you. I only regret, for selfish reasons, that you live in Alabama. Then again, that is probably good for you - as I would be a PITA, trying to learn everything I could!

Craig, there actually is a market here for "handcraft", and there are serious people willing to pay for it. The biggest problem is that there are also many "splashers", as you know, that cannot "walk the walk" - and that makes people leary. It CAN be done, I know it can!

Mark Fair

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

Dennis Gerathy and Mike Meyer got me hooked on these old antique signs.
Feel free to ask me a question about faux antique signs and I will try to answer it.
There is a market for such work. I sell a few per month via my website.

The sign below was inspired by something my dad used to say when I was a kid.
While walking through the wood salvage yard I came upon an old doorknob and face plate...

sohungry.jpg