• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I believe, everyday's a good day when you paint

OldPaint

as a college art major, and a sign painter BEFORE i went to PENN STATE, the 2 are not the same. i have alway been good at "photo realism" in my drawing abilities. many of the art classes i took, we had to draw "still life" i excelled at this. if there was text on any thing i drew, mine would look exactly like it. peoples faces, iam not good at. water colors, to loose for my eye. i need more edges. my professor and i would get into these ART vs sign painter, conversations. he didnt see sign painting as art. bob ross is an expert of palette painting. and most of his work is a loose "pictorial" type work. he fools your eye into making objects that he only partially lays down.

SD&F

I agree....when I get frustrated or bored I go out in the shop and paint. Then the guys beg me to go back in so they don't have to fix any of my mess. Actually, they like me out there, they just don't want me to paint.

round man

back in the days before digital printing there were alot of us who made a very good living as "digital painters",...if you wanted an illustration of something larger than your standard poster and or your vehicle wrapped ya had call on one of us to do it,...so if I find you guys squabbling over the low cost competitors lowballing your prices after you've dropped thousands of dollars on equipment funny,..think what you guys did to all those guys like me without any substantial amount of work left due to digital printers selling the same type of work for less than half of what we used to charge fifteen years ago,...go figure,....

ucmj22

,...so if I find you guys squabbling over the low cost competitors lowballing your prices after you've dropped thousands of dollars on equipment funny,..think what you guys did to all those guys like me without any substantial amount of work left due to digital printers selling the same type of work for less than half of what we used to charge fifteen years ago,...go figure,....

... where did this come from....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Bob Ross....... I always liked him and his neat little short-cuts to making painting sort of an assembly-line kinda thing with his wet-on-wet approach.

Be happy................

Craig Sjoquist

Bob Ross was awesome knows several people that have been inspired by his work and started painting and still painting.
He had his style that was very quick and looked great from 10 to 20 feet away up close nope but that is what aloud people to enjoyed, and get painting which was the purpose.

Yes the printer has destroyed alot but not getting into it.