• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can say I am glad this wasnt my car.

phototec

In the end it's not how you play the game, only matters if you win or loose, in the end they WON!

Not bad for 1st timers...

:thumb:

Mike F

Yea, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I did cringe a little though when they just slapped the whole thing down and there were a bunch of big bubble in the center. Turned out pretty well in the end for a couple of average schmucks though.

Craig Sjoquist

Why would anyone put out a video like that ?

I have never wrapped a hood much less a whole car /.truck but even I knew this was way way wrong it turned out poor cause I do not believe it will last it's intended time.

Glad I saw it though realizing how important correct ways work...fast.

Bly

They're fn bonnets down here mate.

See. Any nimrod can wrap a car.

Post heating... what's that?

OlsonSigns601

Problem with Carbon Fiber is that if you stretch it to much its going to look wavy in some parts and straight in others if you stretch it to much.

I wouldn't want a carbon fiber wrap to be my 1st wrap job.

I also wonder how many times they burned themselves with the heat guns they were using.

Msrae

Rae
I want that 8 minutes of my life back... that was PAINFUL to watch the first section where they just laid it down with all the wrinkles only to have to pull the entire thing back again. The HUGE bubble was painful too. But all in all I was surprised that the final product turned out as well as it did.

Last edited:

heyskull

They were lucky it just didn't rip when they were yanking it off.
They were a lucky pair of b*****ds.
I didn't think it was possible to get a bubble in vinyl that big!
I am on with wrapping my motorbike tank in carbon wrap material and to be honest it will not go on in no less than 3-4 pieces.
I have tried 3 different manufacturers of this stuff now and all are very fragile compared to printed and flat colours.

SC

Patentagosse

Talking of little experience and bad techniques, check out the weeding skills and tool use of this "tutorialist"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMJ2WPtLKA

Jump to 4:15 to save yourself some time, I'd like to see him cut and weed 200 logos on that setup, haha.

He should definitely stay away from vinyl graphics. He seems to master the airbrush WAY better... He would never work for me... (replacing letters the way he did would lead to a slap on the back of the head :covereyes:)

K Chez

Never done something before? Let's make a how-to video showing people how it's done! No experience? No problem! God, I love this industry!
Even funnier was the video where they "painted" chrome on motorcycle wheel without dismounting the tire.

Total hacks.

Now excuse me while I go make a video on open heart surgery...