• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can't believe that ,,,!!??

sam gha

MDGS
Did you think how much time we waste every day just switching rolls on our digital printers (Roland , Muttoh)

My employee have difficulties switching rolls daily I was thinking building a wall vinyl rack and roll directly to machine to avoid moving rolls to the machine itself

Any ideas or suggestions???

:thankyou:

prosigner

Interesting concept. Constantly changing media is definitely not fun. Please post pictures and keep us updated if you decide to go for it. :thumb:

ThinkRight

Did you think how much time we waste every day just switching rolls on our digital printers (Roland , Muttoh)

My employee have difficulties switching rolls daily I was thinking building a wall vinyl rack and roll directly to machine to avoid moving rolls to the machine itself

Any ideas or suggestions???

:thankyou:
You could just buy a printer for all the rolls you use .Only time to load a roll is to replace an empty roll ! :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding .I might think limiting the different types of media you use.
Use premium cast or whatever for most of your product and charge accordingly.
If your employees spend 30 minutes 2-3-4 times a day changing rolls , you did not make any money on that short run of stickers / signs or whatever.
If the same vinyl was used for most of the items ,all the time spent swapping will be used for production.
I know it will not work for every job , but it will work for most.

Mosh

I had one for a plotter back 15 years ago. I had black, red, blue, and white all on a rack behind the plotter. Made it quick and easy if you needed one of those common colors.

Problem was running anything over 10 feet you had to use the normal holder on the plotter....but for short stuff it was great.

idsignsil

Check out http://shop2012.yellotools.us/
Go to the bottom and click on the 2012 catalog. Look at page 82
The Treemax Six Gun.

I would love to have something like this, so I could just rotate it to whatever I needed and just roll it into the machine right from the rack. I could build something like this myself if we had the room, but unfortunately we have a small print room.

TheSnowman

Is there something different about those than my Mimaki? It may take me 2-3 mins MAX to remove an old roll and put a different one in it. I mean, if I swap it 5X a day, it's a little time, but not enough that I'd have issues with it.

Are you talking a mega 10' wide printer or something?

sam gha

MDGS
Are you talking a mega 10' wide printer or something?

yes the muttoh is 88" wide, we have a pick up unit on that but the problem is with the sending axe or the loader where we have to remove the whole role and replace but for the Roland it is 54" wide most of the time we print a full role but so many times we have to switch roles during the day

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i guess if your charging accordingly then it's just a labor cost, like any other.

seriously if your that bothered by it, plan your days out better where your printing more of the same stuff at the same time....

mark in tx

I can see the issue with a big machine, like a Gandi, when you have a forklift involved, but small machines?
I would look to other areas rather than machine setup for cost saving.
Machine setup is one area where it is worth the time to do it properly.
That being said, figuring out a way to group production runs is what you have to do.