• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can't pull magenta ink on VJ 1604... any help?

Panett Signs

I've been having a print issue, so decided to install a new print head, dampers, pump and capping station.

I pulled ink through the dampers for 3 of the colors, but magenta isn't working.

To get a good seal, I disconnected the Y where the ink branches off to go to each damper, and connected my syringe there.

If I pull hard, I can pull the syringe about 3/4 way out, and a little ink comes up, but when I release, the syringe goes all the way back in.

I checked the clear tube all the way back to the steel tube, and it's fine.

Any help on what's plugged?

randya

My guess is that you may have a bit of vapour lock in the subtank.
See if you can pull the covers off enough to take a look at the subtank bags.
If the magenta is collapsed, this could be your problem.

Panett Signs

Looks like that may be a little tricky to see, but I'll work on it.

I took the line off of the cartridge needle and tried to push in with the syringe, but that doesn't work either.

If the sub tank is collapsed, can I fix it? Or do I need a new one?

Thanks very much for your help.

Panett Signs

I'm wondering if this part may be my problem? See pic.

What are these, and what do they do?
I can push and pull air into the sub tank from the tube that goes to the dampers, but if I keep pulling with the syringe, it flattens the sub tank without pulling ink.
I've also removed the tube on the cartridge side, and tried to pull and push with the syringe, and it won't do either.

I'm thinking that I should take this part off, and try to put some flush though it. Is that a good idea?

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 131

randya

these are the valves from the cartridges that control the ink level of the subtanks.
There are 2 sensors on the subtanks - low and high.

You can test the valves in maintenance mode individually under TankValveCheck.
And hear each one activate and deactivate.
Perhaps one is stuck or bad.

Call your dealer and have them walk you through the procedure.

Panett Signs

I took the magenta sensor off, and took it apart.
It is stopping the ink from coming into the sub tank from the cartridge. It's not plugged, I can see that its function is to open and close ink flow.

Does the printer need to be turned on to allow ink flow?

If so, I just need to find a way to refill my sub tank, and try priming one more time.
I think I wasted some ink before I got it primed the first time, therefore running the sub tank empty.