Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could use some advice on pricing this job.

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by prime signs, Jan 23, 2011.

1. prime signs

prime signs Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I have a job with all digital print vinyl and I am not sure were I should be as far as my pricing goes. I am printing on Oracal 3641 and not using Laminate as they are all diplay boards not used outdoors.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

It consists of:
    250 -2"x15.5" decals w/transfer tape
    200 -7"x10" decals w/ transfer tape
    4600 - 3/8"x3 1/2" decals no transfer tape
    1300 - 3"x4" decals no tape

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    My technique would be as follows:

determine a sq/ft rate appropriate for the material & total area being printed & do the math for the printed vinyl.
    Estimate labor time to produce & package
    Add for transfer tape if it's enough to bother with.

Add numbers together.

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    along the lines of Malkins post...

the answer lies in the numbers you AREN'T giving us... not the numbers you are!

you tell me.. EXACTLY what are your material costs?

What do you anticipate to be your hours of labor, counting client consultation, design, design revisions & approval, printing, cutting, weeding, taping??? All totaled up, how many hours?

What is that time "worth" to you... OR, more importantly, how much do you NEED to charge, based on the number of hours you want to work, the number of non-billable hours you average in any given week... and the overhead you need to cover each week/month/etc from those billable hours? (that would be your "shop rate" which you should study & know)

4. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    The broad base answers are best answered in the premium section, since the public can see this.

5. prime signs

prime signs Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks, this answers all my questions.