• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I could use some advice on pricing this job.

prime signs

I have a job with all digital print vinyl and I am not sure were I should be as far as my pricing goes. I am printing on Oracal 3641 and not using Laminate as they are all diplay boards not used outdoors.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

It consists of:
250 -2"x15.5" decals w/transfer tape
200 -7"x10" decals w/ transfer tape
4600 - 3/8"x3 1/2" decals no transfer tape
1300 - 3"x4" decals no tape

Malkin

My technique would be as follows:

determine a sq/ft rate appropriate for the material & total area being printed & do the math for the printed vinyl.
Estimate labor time to produce & package
Add for transfer tape if it's enough to bother with.

Add numbers together.

iSign

along the lines of Malkins post...

the answer lies in the numbers you AREN'T giving us... not the numbers you are!

you tell me.. EXACTLY what are your material costs?

What do you anticipate to be your hours of labor, counting client consultation, design, design revisions & approval, printing, cutting, weeding, taping??? All totaled up, how many hours?

What is that time "worth" to you... OR, more importantly, how much do you NEED to charge, based on the number of hours you want to work, the number of non-billable hours you average in any given week... and the overhead you need to cover each week/month/etc from those billable hours? (that would be your "shop rate" which you should study & know)