Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it again........

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by visual800, Dec 13, 2019.

1. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    this make the 3rd tme in 32 years Ive done this. Got 2 new white pans in , wiped them down and started laying graphics. It had a clear protective film on it. Yep, carry on!

Tags:
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Learn and move on.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    The older you get the easier the mistakes come.
    Just today I set up a 17ft banner to run three times - got the take-up reel ready so when enough material dropped I could tape it to the core and walk away. Got the walk away part down pat - came back to see 50 feet of banner piled up on the floor.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 5
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Got that sh!t right !!! :roflmao:

5. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    We nearly put out a batch .040 metal signs because they had a clear liner on one side of them unlike the pink or blue liner we typically get. Only realized it as they were at the front counter for pick up and someone noticed a corner lifting. Everything gets a liner check now! We'll write on clear liners so that an installer doesn't forget to take it off on the jobsite, but I remember one case where the customer called us the next morning saying their backlit sign was vandalized at night because they could see large Xs. Next day the installer went back out and didn't see anything so he came back. It wasn't till I asked him if he took the liner off that he realized he didn't.

7. OPENSignsInc.

OPENSignsInc. Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Greenville, PA
    I usually keep 3 strips (Left, Center, Right) of thin 1in banner material that are long enough to be taped to the print and the take up roll. This way I can start the print and walk away. It also helps to keep a more consistent tension on the print, which reduces banding at the start.

• Like Like x 1