• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I did it again........

visual800

this make the 3rd tme in 32 years Ive done this. Got 2 new white pans in , wiped them down and started laying graphics. It had a clear protective film on it. Yep, carry on!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The older you get the easier the mistakes come.
Just today I set up a 17ft banner to run three times - got the take-up reel ready so when enough material dropped I could tape it to the core and walk away. Got the walk away part down pat - came back to see 50 feet of banner piled up on the floor.

bannertime

We nearly put out a batch .040 metal signs because they had a clear liner on one side of them unlike the pink or blue liner we typically get. Only realized it as they were at the front counter for pick up and someone noticed a corner lifting. Everything gets a liner check now! We'll write on clear liners so that an installer doesn't forget to take it off on the jobsite, but I remember one case where the customer called us the next morning saying their backlit sign was vandalized at night because they could see large Xs. Next day the installer went back out and didn't see anything so he came back. It wasn't till I asked him if he took the liner off that he realized he didn't.

OPENSignsInc.

The older you get the easier the mistakes come.
Just today I set up a 17ft banner to run three times - got the take-up reel ready so when enough material dropped I could tape it to the core and walk away. Got the walk away part down pat - came back to see 50 feet of banner piled up on the floor.
I usually keep 3 strips (Left, Center, Right) of thin 1in banner material that are long enough to be taped to the print and the take up roll. This way I can start the print and walk away. It also helps to keep a more consistent tension on the print, which reduces banding at the start.