• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I did it!

WB

I just finished the 3M Advanced Installation training. I wasn't going to do the test but decided to go for and ended up finishing with a 92% average!

now 1 of 50 or so 3M preferred installers in Canada.
:rock-n-roll:

WB

There's 2 trainers for Canada and they're offering it in different cites. I think the next one is in Montreal. I was able to take it in Halifax.

Border

Congrats! Isn't the training portion/class a separate item and fee? did you complete the class training and then take the 2 day test right after that or did you somehow combine the training and test for preferred installer all in one?

Please explain. Sorry, I am a little confused by your original post, and also been thinking of doing this in the very near future. I've installed a bunch of wraps but had none of the 3m training classes yet and am interested in getting certified as well.

WB

Congrats! Isn't the training portion/class a separate item and fee? did you complete the class training and then take the 2 day test right after that or did you somehow combine the training and test for preferred installer all in one?

Please explain. Sorry, I am a little confused by your original post, and also been thinking of doing this in the very near future. I've installed a bunch of wraps but had none of the 3m training classes yet and am interested in getting certified as well.

They offer it in 3 sections, Monday beginner, tues-weds in advanced and Thurs-Fri is the testing. You have to take the beginner/advanced classes in order to do testing and they recommend you wait 6-12 months after taking the advanced to do the testing. Also you have to take the test within 18 months of taking the advanced class.

The advanced class and testing are 2 different fees, but if you test and fail and need to re-test in some areas the fee is reduced.
I figured I'd at least do it and get an idea if what my level was and see what I needed to work on. I was worried about a couple things but turned out great.. the HHR front bumper was pretty tough.

Border

Beginner is $400
Advanced is $700
and test was $700

Thanks,

On the 3M site, the advanced class is listed as 3 days and $1500.00 US

Test is two days and $1000.00 US

Hmmmm, now i am really confused!

ChicagoGraphics

When i took a wrap class with 3M back in 2006, they had an intense class out of CA I think it was at for 6 months that was $18,000.00 is that still around anymore?

c_mcclurg

I just finished the 3M Advanced Installation training. I wasn't going to do the test but decided to go for and ended up finishing with a 92% average!

now 1 of 50 or so 3M preferred installers in Canada.
:rock-n-roll:
From all of us at 3M...congrats! The installation training at 3M is intense and your ability to pass the Advanced section speaks highly of your skill. Again, well done! Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Chris McClurg
Sales Development Supervisor