Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel stupid asking this but...

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by stuart@accupress.com, May 31, 2007.

1. stuart@accupress.com

stuart@accupress.com Member

Nov 10, 2005
    I have a design done in photoshop that I need to contour cut in flexi and I can't figure out how to make a perfect marquee around the design.

I hate to ask such a stupid question...but I am having one of those days.

I have done this before many times. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I usually select the background (everything BUT the design to be printed) ...and then I go to the select menu & choose inverse. Then I fill this with black, & resave as my cut file in a .tiff format. While still selected, you can create a path, or export as a path, but my habit for years has been to open streamline & convert to a vector path in their. I understand both Flexi & Illustrator CS2 (or 3?) do a great job of this... and the photoshop export as path might also be as good, or better, & without running around to different programs... but my method is also quite fast & the only one I can describe accurately.

3. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf
  4. gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007