• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I found this on craigs list.

J

john1

I sure as heck wouldn't be any cheaper, Yeah that is giving away the work. Removal is such a pain when you think it won't be.

Heck i just did a 8x10" office hours single color, a 24x13" printed door logo and a 24x12" "employee entrance" single color window advertising job the other day which included a tiny bit of removal on a 24x12" (2 lines of text) for $262.50

Locals Find!

I could see someone offering to do that for $500 if they didn't have any other work going for em that month. Someone is hungry for some cash flow.

visual800

I might would go a little higher but certainly not the worst Ive seen. if you sitting around doing nothing why not go on out there and make a few bucks and get rid of some of that vinyl you got laying around. I might would go bout $650.00 just cause they said removal....but who ever asks for a price on removeal upfront and pays for it?

OldPaint

someone needs to ask them ......what they want to pay? seeing the "business" they are in, they dont want to PAY RETAIL for anything. i would go in, walk around and see if they got $700 worth of THEIR STUFF and are willing to sell it to you for $400)))))) see how they like that.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
$500 to remove vinyl in chicago in the winter???
sitting around doing nothing, making no money, i still wouldn't touch it.....

$1200 and i'll call you in spring.....but then again, i'm in it to make real money.....

JoshLoring

I bet the shop that quite that would raise their price after seeing they are now being bid against. Crazy people.

You are also assuming that the people placing the ad are being honest. Maybe a local sign shop gave an estimate of $750; so they figured they'd drop it to $500 in the ad to see if they get any bites.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't even waste your time responding. This is a total bogus request.

As mentioned, you'd be nuts to do it even if you weren't busy. If I ain't gonna get paid for time and materials and even a little profit, it's not worth it in any business, let alone giving stuff away. Are you in business to make money... or keep busy for nothing ?? I'd rather be doing something I like if I'm not collecting any money, like fishin' or playing cards.