• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I guess it's about time...

Malkin

...for an introductory thread.

Hello from Maine's capitol city!

I came across this forum while I was doing some research (read: googling) on eco-sol media.

A little about me:
After working in technical support and managing a small fast food restaurant I found myself wanting a new direction & environment career-wise. Also at this time the family sign business was in need of more help, so it was decided that I would come on in a full time capacity, and see if it was right for me.

I had no idea that signs could be so fun, enjoyable, & rewarding (stressful, demanding, addicting). I have been at it for 6 years now, all the while learning from several very experienced pros in our own shop, and on occasion, some of the other nearby guys as well. I started out just applying vinyl to substrates, but now pretty much do a little of everything as needed, focusing on managing production as a whole. (Today I installed vinyl onto a multi-million dollar Manitowoc 16000 crane; tomorrow: paperwork:covereyes:)

Typically our shop has had 4-5 full timers with an extra part timer or 2 in the summer. This winter it's been slower than average, but we count ourselves lucky that we have kept mostly busy.

Recently my father purchased the business from his father. It's been nice to tell customers that we have 3 generations working side-by-side.

I am 29 years old, have been happily married to my wife for almost 10 years, we have a 3 year old little girl, and 4 cats.

I am very glad that Signs101 is here. There is no question that being a CM is worth it. After being here for a month I can get a real sense of community. I have a strong sense of treating others with respect, just as I would in person. Although being a true Mainah, my sarcas-o-meter is usually turned to "full".

Thanks to everyone that makes this place possible!
:thumb:

-Ted

Minuteman Signs, Inc.

pvcsigns

30 years and still find it interesting.

This business is all about experience. You can't find it in school. You got to live it to learn it. It's about intuition, imagination, adaptation, innovation, and down right - get the job done and move on to the next one.
Every job is different... and each has its challenges.

Welcome to 101

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

A belated welcome from PA, been wondering ever since I saw your screen name if you are a Pens fan.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Sid&Geno.jpg
    Sid&Geno.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 136

Malkin

Thanks all!

Jill - Never much of a big sports fan, just the Red Sox & Patriots whenever I catch a game on tv. (my screenname is one of my cats names, it means "cat or rabbit")

Eric - Fortunately we are not that big, to own a whole chain. We are just one small shop (with a satellite location that we sold). We are often confused for Minuteman Press and get several inquiries a month about print shop work.