• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate a fly

CES020

Anyone else have that one lone fly in the shop that drives you insane? It's that time of the year here to throw open the doors and let some fresh air in. Unfortunately, that always brings that one pain the a%$ fly in with it.

I've got one now that's targeting me. He keeps landing on my head, then I swat him away. He comes back, lands on the back of my neck. Swat him away. Comes back, lands on my forearm (I promise I took a shower before coming to work today!).

It's driving me crazy! I spent 10 minutes trying to swat it down and it wasn't having any part of that.

Dang, I hate a fly.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to get one or more of these. I always wanted one when I was a kid. Thanks to this thread, I may get one now, lol.

Attachments

• flytrap.jpg
    flytrap.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 140

Dakotagrafx

got an electric flyswatter from Walmart - no guts when hit - turns em to ash and it gives a certain pleasure when you vaporize their butt

Attachments

• 10006731_1_image.jpg
    10006731_1_image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 138

IronHawk

got an electric flyswatter from Walmart - no guts when hit - turns em to ash and it gives a certain pleasure when you vaporize their butt

What does it do when you swat the one that landed on the back of your neck? Any amperage transfer? I can just picture explaining that one...

Scott Reynolds

Raid Flying Insect Spray. You dont even have to hit it, just close enough that it flys through the mist. If it does, its dead. Dot fill your office with it, it will make a funny taste on your tongue.

picture.php

Drip Dry

Bottle of rubbing alcohol in a sprayer bottle. Turn the stream on straight stream. Wait for the fly to land somewhere, and squirt it. Kills them almost instantly. pick it up with a paper towel.

Ken

Depending on your dexterity, if you come from behind the fly, they are easier to catch.
As Kermit the Frog would say.." Time is fun when you're having flies".
Cheers! Ken

fmg

Anyone else have that one lone fly in the shop that drives you insane? It's that time of the year here to throw open the doors and let some fresh air in. Unfortunately, that always brings that one pain the a%$ fly in with it.

I've got one now that's targeting me. He keeps landing on my head, then I swat him away. He comes back, lands on the back of my neck. Swat him away. Comes back, lands on my forearm (I promise I took a shower before coming to work today!).

It's driving me crazy! I spent 10 minutes trying to swat it down and it wasn't having any part of that.

Dang, I hate a fly.
I am pretty sure that fly in your shop has it's long lost cousin in mine.The thing is there from the minute I walk through the door until the end of the day.
It just sits on the letter Q on the keypad right beside my fresh cup of coffee and dares me to swat it knowing that I will make a complete mess with the coffee all over the keypad.I then get up and walk to the back of the shop some 60 feet away from the desk and the horrid thing is there with me.
Yep it is fair to say "I hate that fly too"

CES020

I am pretty sure that fly in your shop has it's long lost cousin in mine.The thing is there from the minute I walk through the door until the end of the day.
It just sits on the letter Q on the keypad right beside my fresh cup of coffee and dares me to swat it knowing that I will make a complete mess with the coffee all over the keypad.I then get up and walk to the back of the shop some 60 feet away from the desk and the horrid thing is there with me.
Yep it is fair to say "I hate that fly too"

Yeah, I think it's the Navy Seal of the fly world. I don't see it, I don't hear it, but when both hands are full, it lands on my head. If I put something down and swat it away, I look to see where it goes and it's not there. I pick something back up, bam, right on my head. Swat it away, look, nothing to see.

If I do catch a glimpse of it, I'll pick up whatever is within reach and I'll take a swing at it. It's never where I swing. I think it's had some professional training for sure.

F'in thing makes me crazy.

David Wright

I will trade you for some bees.
It is these frickin ground bees that have got me twice in the last month cutting the grass.
Can' tell where they might be but hove too long pushing the mower and I am toast.
More so, I swell up pretty good from the venom and card hardly walk with a swollen ankle.
Afraid to mow the lawn anymore and don't know of a lawn treatment that will work.

Dakotagrafx

What does it do when you swat the one that landed on the back of your neck? Any amperage transfer? I can just picture explaining that one...
Had friend that hit the button then hit his wife in the butt, evidently it does store the charge in a capacitor, she did get shocked and he got hit :omg2:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Or go old school and wrap a couple of these around your forehead.
These are hands free - can be safely used even while driving.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• flypaper.jpg
    flypaper.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 150

woahdude

its even worse when you get smooshed flys on the vinyl and print right over them. i heard stories of mice being in the media too! :omg:

gabagoo

Fruit flys drive me crazy and i swear they bite too!!! I have bought traps for them, but far worse was 3 weeks back a wasp somehow made his way upstairs and was buzzing around my office. I generally just swat them away, but this guy lands on the back of my chair and when i sat down he stung me twice in the back. Felt like someone stuck 2 pins in me and they felt like they were still in me.

Was not as bad as I had thought it would be...much less painful than a bee sting, in fact it just got itchy like a bad mosquito bite for about a week....

yesterday while golfing during a practice swing I caught something yellow and black out of the corner of my eye fly under my arm near my armpit and then...OUCH!!! he got me... another wasp!!!

Thats 2 stings in less than a month and I have never been stung by one my whole life. Again it did not hurt that much and now is just red and itchy.