• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate a fly

CES020

Ba$tard is stalking me today. He won't land on me, but he's landing near me and watching me. If I try to swat him with whatever is handy, he rides the air current on my various picked up weapons and just flies away.

I know now, he's got to be special ops.

slappy

i actually don't mind him. I think it's kinda funny when a customer comes in and he keeps landing on the customers forehead or buzzing around their face while they are trying to talk to me. Sometimes i just wish i could swat it while it's distracted by my customer and it's such an urge to hold back since i've been trying to kill it all day, but i know my customer wouldn't appreciate a flyswatter to the face, so i wait.
Oh well, if i could just train him to only come out and annoy the annoying customers though and then mind his own in the meantime, that would be great and i could learn to live with him. But till that day comes, we have 5 swatters in various locations around the shop... yet they always seem to be out of reach when i needed at that one moment you have the chance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like the ones around the middle of January, when you get a little warm spell and one of these sh!thouse flies comes to life and buzzes around like he's been in my cabinet and got all drunked up. They fly into things, can't land right and could be caught if you wanted to do it. Not me, I just force 'em to the door and put them outside. Let them try hibernating tonight when it goes down to 16°. guido  the fly.jpg

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
got an electric flyswatter from Walmart - no guts when hit - turns em to ash and it gives a certain pleasure when you vaporize their butt

I found one at a yard sale today for four dollars. I've never had so much fun in my life killing flies. I believe Ray Stevens refers to it as "sadistic glee".

I touched the wires and it gives quite a poke. The most interesting part is that the flies light up as they sizzle.

Now that I'm armed with my new toy, all the flies seem to be avoiding me. Last week, I couldn't avoid them.

I've only had it for fifteen minutes...and watching the way it works...I'd gladly pay $50 for the thing.

Jim

Last edited:

SlightlyChilled

free fly pie

I went to get a pumpkin pie todat and there was a fruit fly in the wrapper LIVE. one time thing right nope next one did as well. So now I have 2 flies and no pies

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd still eat it.... heck, they can't eat that much. Most of it will still be yours.:munchie:

thinksigns

SnowFlake
So this fly had been bothering me all day. It happens to land next to me while I'm weeding some vinyl. For some reason my first thought was I wonder if I can kill it with my xacto. It happened to be at the right angle for me to just extend my hand. The blade was about an inch above the fly's neck. With a quick jerk, the blade went down and cut off the fly's head. I immediately felt bad. I didn't expect it to work, but it did.

showcase 66

got an electric flyswatter from Walmart - no guts when hit - turns em to ash and it gives a certain pleasure when you vaporize their butt
Does it keep stats?

Can you plug it in to a computer and keep track of total kills, misses, etc.

I can see a lot of fun for a while with that.

Maybe it will work to get my kids to bed earlier. Hmmm. Haha Jk.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My only disappointment is that all the flies seem to be hiding since I brought it home...big bummer, I was really getting into this.

JB