• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate the wind too.(or: Berwick gets hammered.)

signmeup

We got some "gusting wind" Tuesday night. That's what they said on the weather report anyway. The pictures just don't do the scene justice. I saw way worse today but forgot my camera. I'm going back for a few pics in the morning. Most people got their power back today.

Attachments

• IMG_5066.jpg
    IMG_5066.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5072.jpg
    IMG_5072.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5094.jpg
    IMG_5094.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 66

signmeup

I saw a steel building, flat as pancake splayed up against a row of trees so that it looked like a foil chip bag stuck in a bush, roofs blown off, tractor trailers blown off the road... it was pretty surreal.

Here's our house from the street.

Attachments

• OurHouse.jpg
    OurHouse.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 65

Firefox

Dude, you live there? It looks like a vacation spot... beautiful!

Sorry to hear about the wind damage, that really sucks.

I hate the wind too, it blew my channel letter sign off a couple years ago. I don't do electrical signage so had to pay another sign guy! ;-(

I hope you and the Family are all OK!

Last edited:

wes70

It was a bad one! We didn't get hit as hard down my way. Just a few trees and power lines down. Had power the whole time, but surrounding areas just got their power restored today.

Glad everyone is ok!

signmeup

OP, it only hit 140 here officially but we still thought it was pretty scary. In places it looks like it was a lot stronger.