• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate the wind.

showcase 66

I go out this morning to pull a sign down and the wind is blowing like crazy. Sign is 25' up on a wall on the South side of the building and the wind is blowing from the west to east at 20mph with gust up to 35-40 already. Needless to say since it is a 4x8 alum sign and all I have is a ladder, the sign will have to wait until the wind dies down.

I hate doing that but I am not getting pulled down by a big sail made of aluminum.

HulkSmash

I go out this morning to pull a sign down and the wind is blowing like crazy. Sign is 25' up on a wall on the South side of the building and the wind is blowing from the west to east at 20mph with gust up to 35-40 already. Needless to say since it is a 4x8 alum sign and all I have is a ladder, the sign will have to wait until the wind dies down.

I hate doing that but I am not getting pulled down by a big sail made of aluminum.

happens a lot here. So much wind blowing off the mountains. We were installing window graphics and they took off like a kite...

petesign

This crossed my mind, don't know why.

Attachments

• grouchy-wind.gif
    grouchy-wind.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 66

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Will you be tied off with a safety line?
OSHA here would not let anyone work that high on a ladder without fall protection.
I just came back from 2 weeks of working on the canopies of a network of
fuel stations.
We had to have fall protection every time our feet were more than
6ft off the ground.

wayne k
guam usa