• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate this printer

cwb143

There's a new problem everyday. Now the ink bucket has a problem going up. The screen says heads are capped. checked air, reset printer fixed it temporarily. Gandi Jeti 3150 x2. Out of Ideas.

Cwb

ellsmako

If you have done no changes to the motion.init file then the problem is more than likely the sensor for the capper tray. there are a couple of sensors for the capper. one inside the carriage , left side near heads that is suppose to look for the capper tray when it gets push up into the bottom of the carriage. It could be blocked or fouled with ink or just out of align.
The other is behind the from left access door in the same cabinet as your waste tank etc. look up at the top of the cabinet it should have a yellow sensor. More than likely it the carriage sensor.

What else is wrong.

cwb143

Well its running now. I reset it twice and it started working. The only thing is right now I dont like the black its printing. its not 100% black. But Im in the middle of a job and I cant change the color in the middle of this job. The only thing I know to do is raise the ink restriction in the profile.
I dont have a license for my xrite i1 yet to profile.

ellsmako

so what did you do to get it to work ?

Also which inks are you using,...even if you have had no changes. Sometimes there can be bad batches especially if you have printed with the same file before. or possibly solvent mixing with the ink.

How are your jets firing. Lots of gaps or are they perfect.